Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bottle


Today is Rachel's 13th day of being sober from the bottle! I am so proud of her. I wouldn't have been able to do it without the support of my friends. I dreaded taking it away from her, but found myself at times embarrassed that she is almost 2 and still on the bottle. I had been slowly withholding the bottle for about 3 months now and finally decided that wasn't working and I needed to wash those bottles and put them away for good! COLD TURKEY!It has been tough on me and her both, but we are almost fully adjusted to the new lifestyle. Yesterday was the first day that I really felt like she ate enough in a day! She has never eaten well and is completely disinterested in food 95% of the time. All she wanted was the bottle. She is slowly learning that she needs to eat to have energy and a full tummy. I let her sit in her chair and eat anytime she wants to which is about 4 or 5 times a day. She is even starting to tell me when she is hungry by saying "uh hunry" and "eat some?". She woke up a couple of days ago and I the first thing she said was, "roni-cheese" (macaroni and cheese) so that is what she had for breakfast! When we go places, coping without the bottle is tough, especially when sometimes we drive for 30 minutes! So her diaper bag is always stocked with her favorite snacks- fruit gummys, mini-oreos, chex, and crackers. She recently learned the word cookie, but when Rachel requests it, it comes out "kicoo"!!!

No comments: