Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Mother's Day


What a wonderful day! I was expecting to have a boring uneventful Mother’s Day, but it was surprisingly great! Church was energizing and uplifting. I am surrounded by so many people that love me and I know that I am so blessed. Aaron was in Missouri for his Grandfather’s funeral, so I was just going to spend the day at home. However, I didn’t have to, because I was invited to lunch by our dear friends Pat and Marcia Snodgrass. We went to the Hyatt Resort! There was live music, ice sculptures, clowns, and TONS of food (buffet style)…my favorite was the dessert buffet! I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and the great company! Rachel was surprisingly good considering I really pushed her naptime back. The rest of the day, I reflected on how much I love being a Mommy! I tried to get Rachel to tell me Happy Mother’s Day, but she said, “NO!” I did not take offense. I took a hug instead!

No comments: