Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend






We drove to Abilene to spend the long weekend with Mom and Dad. We hadn’t been there since Easter and needed some time away. Rachel and I stayed the week, but it was a short trip for Aaron.
We went swimming almost everyday. Rachel continued to get more and more comfortable with the water. She was insecure at first and would say “hep, hep!” She insisted that someone was touching her floaty with both hands at all times. But just in a few days, she learned how to float by herself and didn’t want anyone heping her at all! She wanted to do it all herself! My anxiety level dropped dramatically when she could balance herself and kick her feet. I was able to really relax and enjoy myself. I gave her some crackers to snack on, but she couldn’t figure out why they kept getting soggy! “Hold the cracker up Rachel!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that I'm close to summer vacation...I think we should take a roadtrip to go see your sister in Austin! I miss my friend Amber!!!