Sunday, July 16, 2006

Impressions and Expectations

First Impressions
• Mom told me that I would think she was the most beautiful baby on the planet …and she was right. I really do think that! She couldn’t be more beautiful!
• Her ears are the cutest and stick out just a little bit like her mommy. She also has the unique ability of spreading her toes far apart…something she also gets from her mommy.
• Her chin is definitely her daddy’s. From the first time we looked at her, we noticed a slight cleft!...so cute!
• We noticed early on that she has very healthy lungs! Her cry is quite loud, which means of course that she will be a great singer someday!!!
• Rachel hiccups ALL THE TIME! This is of course no surprise to me since she got them quite often before she was even born!
Expectations
• I expected to dread changing her diaper, but since she likes it and it doesn’t smell that bad, I don’t mind so much.
• I expected to have a hard time breastfeeding and at first I did. She is a very aggressive sucker…my little piranha! I was actually thankful for that, but she made me quite sore for a good two weeks. I stuck with it though because I know that it was best for her.
• I expected her to have darker hair. It is surprisingly blonde.

No comments: