Thursday, October 30, 2008

Training...

My training has picked up lately after a couple weeks of rest. I took a week off, because I started to get burned out, and then I took another week off, because I was sick. I am back on track thanks to much encouragement from friends. I have enjoyed running more than I thought I would. My motivation has changed a couple of times. In the beginning, I just wanted to get skinny fast! Then when that disappointed me, I started focusing on what I could make my body do. I am amazed that I can run 4 miles 3 times a week and consider them short runs! I never thought I would be able to run 13 miles, but I am now confident that I can do it. I run early in the mornings (5:15am-6:00am-MWF) with my friend Michelle who encouraged me to run this ½ marathon. I have really enjoyed her friendship and running tips! On Saturdays, I have been running with a group from my church. Last Saturday, we ran 9.5 miles. My friend Nora humbled herself and ran with me the whole way. She is a 5 time marathoner!…and will run in the New York marathon this Saturday. The ½ marathon is in 2 weeks and I am glad. I am ready to just do it. I look forward to the days when I don’t have to get up early! It should be an interesting experience. The marathon is sold out with 30,000 runners! I know…it is hard to believe there are that many crazy people like me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is amazing April!! I'm so proud of you. I am almost finished with 2 weeks of exercising every day for an hour a day. I have only my treadmill but I am making it work for me. Some days I run and other days I walk but I am feeling great and starting to really enjoy that time. My plan is to increase my running time by 1-2 minutes every other day until I can run for an hour. Some days I can't run because of headaches or other factors but I learned that I can walk almost 4 miles in an hour. I'm proud of you. Good luck with your marathon. I know that you will do great!