Sunday, June 1, 2008

Charger Show








Dad prepared all week to take the charger to a car show in Boerne. Rachel helped Papa a lot! As he was loading the car on Thursday night, the starter broke. Dad decided that it would not be easy to fix, so the car show dropped out of our plans. Mark, Mom, and I pushed the charger back into the garage. It was not as easy as it sounds! Friday morning, Dad took the car to his buddy at Dempsy’s and they were able to fix it. So Dad and I went to pick it up and he let me drive the charger home from the automotive shop! I was shocked that he asked me, but excited and a little scared. The 5-speed transmission was quirky and the loud engine was intimidating, but it was such a RUSH! I loved it! Dad followed me home on his motorcycle and we arrived safely!

We hauled the charger in the big trailer all the way to San Antonio. It was a good trip. Rachel was good and pretty quiet until the very end…she was done! The car show was yesterday and Dad lined his car up with all the others. Dad’s car was OF COURSE the coolest and the only green car with unique red stripe. However, most people admired the large engine. The Williamson’s met us there, and we ate at the Bear Moon CafĂ©.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are TOTALLY HOT in that "Green" car!!! :) Did your dad do "Green" on purpose!??!? Ha! :)

So, I'm done with school this week, so next week -- it's ON (meaning we need to get together for lunch...)

Anonymous said...

Dad has already copied the picture of Rachel helping onto his laptop! He loves it!

Unknown said...

Hi April,

I don't know if you remember me or not but we were at UTSA together in Ms. Poetschke's voice studio. I found your blog link on your myspace page. You have a beautiful family!!!Cool car too. If you would like to see what is going on in my life I have a blog as well.
http://osbournefam.wordpress.com/
It's nice to see a familiar face :)